The schedule and locations for the 2013 Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas combines have been released. This year there will be five combines instead of four, the number held in recent years.
The purpose of the Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas Combines are to provide an opportunity for high school football players to demonstrate skills needed for athletic scholarships and possible Shrine Bowl selection.
The combines are open to all rising 12th graders that attend North Carolina High School Athletic Associaton member schools.
Cost: $20.00 per player. High School coaches and spectators will be admitted for free. There will be no checks or credit cards accepted at any of the combines. There will be Shrine Bowl staff at each combine to collect registration fees.
To be measured:
To be tested:
1. Vertical Jump
2. 40 Yard Dash
3. Pro Agility Shuttle
4. Bench Press Rep. (All position players will rep 185 as many times as they can.)
To be evaluated:
Each position player will work with Shrine Bowl coaches at his position and go through a series of football related drills.
1. Athletes may only attend one combine in their respective state.
2. Some events may change according to equipment available.
3. Rising seniors should bring videos for the Shrine Bowl Coaching Staff to evaluate.
4. Each player will receive a T-shirt and unmatched exposure.
5. Each position player will work with Shrine Bowl coaches at his position and go through a series of football related drills.
6. Please be on time: The schedule is very tight.
9:30 am Registration for kickers, punters, and long snappers
10:00 am Registraton for position players
10:00 am Kickers start time
11:00 am Position players start time
(There is no pre-registratoin for Shrine Bowl Combines)
Dates and Schools:
March 23 South Johnston HS; Four Oaks, NC (Coach Bennett Jones)
April 13 Eastern Alamance HS; Mebane, NC (Coach John Kirby)
April 20 Rocky River HS; Mint Hill, NC (Coach Jason Fowler)
April 27 A.C. Reynolds HS; Asheville, NC (Coach Shane Laws)
June 1 Washington HS, Washington, NC (Coach Sport Sawyer)
(Every effort was made not to conflict, when possible, with state and regional track meets, Spring Break, Memorial Day weekend and host site conflicts.)
March 23 Spartanburg HS, Spartanburg, SC (Coach Chris Miller)
May 18 Summerville HS, Summerville, SC (Coach John McKissic)
June 1 Marlboro County HS, Bennettsville, SC (Coach Dean Boyd)
June 15 Irmo HS, Columbia, SC (Coach Bob Hanna)
TBD West Florence HS, Florence, SC (Coach Trey Woodberry)
|< Prev||Next >|